Friday, March 19, 2010

New Camera

We received our new Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 a few days ago, and the same day Jim pulled something in his back so he hasn’t been up and about much to use it. That means I have had the opportunity to play around with it a bit. The first thing he did was put the strap on it, and instructed me to use it at all times, which I have been doing. So far, I really like it. It is easier to use than our old Olympus, and the picture quality is much better.
Debbie and I went for a hike on the Scenic trail yesterday, and I took lots of pictures. The only problem I had was a few times I accidentally hit the record button and didn’t realize it, so I took quite a bit of unintended video. Gave Jim something to laugh about, and his back is feeling much better. He walked some yesterday and is even better today. He is hoping one day to wake up with nothing hurting!
Here are some of the pictures I’ve taken.
First, the view from our living room.
P1000013
A fallen saguaro cactus behind our site that was cut.
 P1000015
And this pretty sunset a couple nights ago.
P1000023
These shots are from the hike yesterday. You can see the charred saguaro from the ‘96 fire.
P1000033
Some charred cholla that is coming back. That’s the campground in the background.
P1000048
And the skeleton of a cholla,
P1000049
                                         And a saguaro.
                      P1000031
This one had a weird fan-like arm growing on it.
                     P1000040
It looked like a piece just fell in between these two.                         P1000043
Just one more!  I liked this dead ironwood tree amongst the wildflowers that are beginning to bloom. It was another beautiful day in the desert.
P1000052

2 comments:

  1. Nice shots! I love my lumix..I use it on 16/9 mode allot for landscape photos..in the camera icon setting..and also set it on vivid.really enhances the color..
    lots of great features on the camera
    Also it takes alwesome Macro shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, we have a lot to learn about the camera but so far we both really like it, especially the macro. Also the screen is so visible even in bright sunlight, unlike our old camera.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete