Friday, October 21, 2011

Pensacola Beach

 

P1050959

It’s been a whirlwind week, with multiple doctor’s appointments and visits with friends and former coworkers.

Dinner at Rick and Anne’s. From left, Jim, Jimmy, Paula, Anne, and Rick. We stayed out until midnight and haven’t laughed so hard in a long time!

P1050963

We finally decided on a camera, which will arrive next week. We’ll be here at Fort Pickens Campground on Pensacola Beach at least until November 11, and may stay longer. With Jim’s senior pass it is only $10 a night, and at this time of year you can stay 44 days. Can’t beat that!

Just a few pictures from our walks. Hope they will look even better after we get the new camera, a Nikon Coolpix S9100.

P1050974

P1050977 

P1050971

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME pics -- glad doc appts are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to get those Dr. appts. out of the way. Glad you finally selected a new camera. That is what I will be doing next month when I get my Amazon discount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described my reaction to Rushmore to a "T". I thought there was something wrong with me--I've heard raving all my life.

    I was more impressed with Crazyhorse.

    One thing I did notice about Rushmore is if you go at night--just before the lights come on and park in the parking lot, when you take a picture there's the perfect outline of a sleeping giant-that was the most fascinating part to me.

    Thanks for the post. Was just in Pensacola a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your pictures are excellent here. I'm wondering how much better they can be with the new camera. They seem sharp with full bodied color. Maybe you should send me this camera when you get your new one. It takes better pictures than mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I bought a Coolpix S9100 a few months ago. It is currently at Best Buy's repair shop as a couple of weeks ago it would turn on, but then would do nothing else - including cut off!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam. I had mixed feelings about this camera. It gets equal numbers of great and poor reviews from users on Amazon but was a top rated camera from online camera reviewers.

    Your problem appeared common along with another problem in the Amazon reviews. That is why we bought a factory refurbished model hoping that they have taken care of the issues. Still think it is a roll of the dice.

    Hopefully we won't miss that Bigfoot photo op because of the camera.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete