Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wind, Wind and More Wind

It is frequently windy here in New Mexico but today we are really getting a taste of it.  Sitting here in gusts up to 48mph and the rig is rocking.  Feels like riding out a tropical storm in Pensacola. The good thing is there are no trees to blow down (and it’s not raining).

The bad thing is we’re in a motor home!  The wind is supposed to die down later this evening. Just hope we stay upright until then.

Went for a walk earlier today before the wind got really bad. Walked around a residential area of Elephant Butte near the lake. It is a mixture of nice houses with views of the lake and smaller, older summer cottages. We did find a new lawn decoration if we ever have a real house again. Guess it’s a good way to recycle.

P3260330

P3260331

2 comments:

  1. The shape of those planters looks vaguely familiar. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

    By the way, my levelers are fixed (for free!). I called the Bigfoot headquarters and they talked me through it. It was windy here, too, last night, but I'm ready for the winds now that I'm "leveled out."

    Happy trails,

    Joe from Maryland
    Catalina State Park
    Tucson, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got your levelers fixed and hope you are enjoying Tucson.

    ReplyDelete